THESA Tennis has both junior high and high school teams. Both teams are co-ed and compete during the spring season - from February through May. Tryouts are held in January each year.
We are a program that serves homeschooled athletes in the North Texas area. We also welcome students from private schools if their schools do not offer a tennis program. We have a range of athletes in our program - from the developing beginner to the state-ranked tournament player. There is a place for you!
For more information or if you have questions, please contact our program coordinator, Shelly Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Our teams are about to begin our 2020 spring competitive season! We play against local private and public schools, and the high school team also plays in local tournaments.
THESA Tennis has a rich history of winning and fun seasons. Our goal is threefold: 1) Honor Jesus Christ with our gifts and talents 2) Foster a love of tennis, which will last throughout the player's lifetime 3) Create a competitive atmosphere where the players can improve and have fun!
Please see the information below regarding our pre-tryout clinics and tryout dates! We would love to have you join the fun this year.
*** IMPORTANT WEATHER INFO ***
If it rains or is below 40 degrees on the day of any of our scheduled clinics or tryouts, we will update this website with info on cancellation or rescheduling.
2020 PRE-TRYOUT CLINIC DATES:
January 7th and 14th - 3:00-4:30 p.m. (Location TBD)
* Clinics will be $15.00 each, or $25.00 if you pay for both on 1/7.
Tuesday, January 21st - 3:00-5:00 p.m. (Location TBD)
* Tryout fee will be $25.00 per player.
We hope you will join us in the future!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THESA PARENTS AND PLAYERS.
1) On the connect parent page please read the Thesa handbook and eligibility requiremnents.
2) For the first clinic, bring player application and $15 clinic fee. For the application, go to CONNECT, then PARENTS and Print/complete Athlete Application.
3) The season due total for HS will be $375, JH will be $325. Half the fee is due on February 1 and last half due on March 1. The fee covers tournaments, court rental, uniform and a warm up.
4) If this is your first sport with Thesa this school year then there is also a $40 family fee to cover insurance due February 1.
5) A dr physical is also due by February 1. There is a form to print on the connect parent page or any physical form that clears a player for play will be acceptable.
Congrats to our long-time captain Emily Shaffer who is playing tennis at Hardin Simmons University! We are so proud of you, Emily!
Our THESA Tennis alum, Parker Wynn, is killing it at Texas Tech. Way to go, Parker! We are so proud of you!